Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Spinach
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- A little Olive Oil
- 1/2 litre (17fl .oz) Whipping Cream
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 50g (1.7oz) Baby Spinach, rinsed
- 4-8 slices Smoked Salmon, cut into broad strips
- 500g (17.6oz) Fresh Pasta, for instance Penne
- Salt and Pepper
- 100-150g (3.5-5oz) Dubliner Cheese
Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water, according to the instructions on the package.
Cut the garlic in thin slices and heat them in the oil at low heat, without browning.
Add the cream and let it simmer at low heat for 5-10 minutes until it thickens a little – stir every now and then.
Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Let the cream thicken even more at low heat.
When the pasta is ready, pour the water away.
Toss the pasta with the cream and spinach – season to taste, with a little lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Top with strips of salmon and freshly grated